Thursday, October 21, 2010

Personal Note No. 1


Much of what I write is a direct reflection of what is going on in my head (shocking, I know) and I realized that a lot of what has been going on in my head has been quite bleak. Slavery is not an incredibly uplifting topic + that is what I have been researching heavily recently = bleak. Causation or correlation I don’t care, call it math if you would like it is just what has been going on. This means there has been a direct influence of this attitude in the writing I have been doing recently. It is selfish of me to impose that mood on you Reader, so in an effort to prevent myself from being consumed with grief and to offer you more rainbows and butterflies, I will write a positive blog. My intent is not to heap sorrow and desperation on you and revel in your psychological demise, quite the opposite. I want to inspire conscious thought and action. I want you to realize your responsibility as a consumer of materials, services, music, information and culture and use it to benefit others, not harm them.

This is not an easy task, it takes thinking, feeling, sacrifice and research, but that is why I am here. I will do my best to research how to be a responsible consumer, offer perspective and provide a database of research items but in turn I ask you to cross check me. I am not perfect, sometimes I get A’s on midterms, and sometimes I get D’s. Generally I’m smart, but I have my times too. In short, I encourage you ask questions not because you doubt but because you want to know. Here’s an example: Why? It’s easy. How’s that for positivity? 

Also, here is a worthy cause that goes along with the whole theme of this post: 
http://freedomandfashion.com/upcoming-events/
It is on November 6th in Irvine, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment