Thursday, October 7, 2010

Please, be educated.

It's ironic because I am risking being late for class, or worse not finding parking, by posting this...post.

In short: please be an educated advocate. I have added links to sources for human trafficking stats and info. The information is not there in your face so you will have to take the extra effort to click links and decide what you will read, but it's all there for you. I have done this with some of them, but not all of them yet. YET. I will be adding more in the future as I find more.

The Trafficking in Persons (TIP) report is from the State Department and it is a whopping 300 and something pages. Do not attempt this alone. Divvy it up amongst fellow advocates or just read the basics at the beginning. Also, take the time to discuss this too. Through discussion we sometimes discover that what we had at first understood to be true was not quite on the mark. Exhibit A: midterms. A lot of it can be dry, boring, political stuff that I know is not the most stimulating of reads, but I really encourage you to take at least a brief look at it. The more educated you are, the better prepared you will be to support a cause and defend yourself against the critics.

Which means that I will be held accountable for this information too...there goes my weekend. Well, off to class now!

No comments:

Post a Comment